SATW’s mission is to inspire travel through responsible journalism. In fulfilling this mission, we hold high these values:
- Ethical standards: SATW holds the highest standards for honesty, integrity and professionalism. All members adhere to a code of conduct.
- Diversity: SATW is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive membership that mirrors the traveling public as well as worldwide citizenry. We appreciate diverse voices and seek to include full representation in all our events, activities and communications. SATW stands in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement and those who demand justice and equality for our Black communities.
- Respect for individuals: SATW respects the right of each individual to participate with physical and emotional safety. No member shall harass or bully any other person sexually, physically or verbally.
- Respect for culture: SATW respects the local customs of the places we visit, and personal wishes of individuals regarding photography and story-gathering techniques.
- Sustainability: SATW has long been a leader in emphasizing the importance of responsible, sustainable and balanced tourism. We continue that commitment while appreciating the benefits of cultural understanding and economic activity that come with travel.